Hello friends! I realize that it has literally been over a year since my last update (oops) but here I am, bringing this blog back from the dead. Given the pandemic situation I now find myself with so much free time so this is one way to fill it. Here is a non-exhaustive list of my reasons for resurrecting this project:
- I still have a ton of photos from this trip I need to dump somewhere
- I’m so good at starting projects and so bad at finishing them and I really don’t want to be that way anymore so I’m gonna finish something and it’s gonna be this
- I really like being able to go back and read about my past adventures and I’m sad that some of my memories from this trip have already been lost
- I need a distraction and reliving this experience seems like a good one
- I’m moving to London this year (pandemic willing) to get a master’s degree and I want to blog about that too but I feel compelled to finish writing about this trip before I can start writing about my new adventure!
So there you have it! I can’t promise a consistent schedule for my posts but I’m going to aim to get one done a week so hopefully I can hold myself to that. Ideally, I’d like to post on Thursdays for #throwbackthursdays or on Fridays for #flashbackfridays so that I have an excuse to also post on Instagram because I’m a millennial and that’s what we do. I have thought a lot about this and I have identified the reasons why I was so bad at procrastinating at writing posts so hopefully I will be more timely going forward. Fingers crossed, at least.